The figures from the previous post are now just about ready for the table top.
Opps noticed the shield boss on the elephant rider needs painting, easily fixed.Here they are ready and waiting to raid the far flung corners of the Empire.
Popped these old school delights on a single base as a unit of Dromedarii on patrol.
Here’s a link to an article on them-
In other news l managed to do this yesterday
Really wasn’t digging too enthusiastically at all, was most surprised when this breakage occurred.Finally really enjoyed the Prog at the Proms on bbc iPlayer. Well worth a listen, some great interpretations of some classics.







Some lovely old miniatures Alan - good to see the elephant back upright
ReplyDeleteI too am delighted to see the elephant ready for action. I still don’t know what make he is.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
The prog at the proms seems to have been generally well received, but I was unhappy with the choice of the song Refugees for Peter Hammill. I am a lifelong devoted fan and have followed him since buying my first Van Der Graaf Generator, album, Pawn Hearts in 1972. He can do little wrong, but at 78, his vocal chords just aren't up to such a demanding song. I wonder who chose it and why as I doubt Peter did. I have seen him live many times and have only heard him sing it once and that was 20 years ago. I did think the female vocalists were a bit lacking as well but overall it was a good show.
ReplyDeleteInterested in your comments . I must confess to not knowing VDGG well at all. I too wondered about the song and PH. Know what you mean re female vocalists. Not sure about them on the Yes material. My big thing is Genesis, especially the early stuff. I was ok with some of what they did at the concert .
ReplyDeleteAlan Tradgardland
So good that you have given these figures their second 'life'!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Delighted to have done so, they deserve being used . I got them some time ago and was looking for a project for them.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Love the old school figures Alan. Especially the stand with the dromedary. Fabulous model.
ReplyDeleteI find them really charming indeed.Glad you liked them.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland