Sunday 30 May 2010

Oh no the bicorne beckons again...



Picture the scene -I an in my local news agent and my eyes alight upon the latest edition of "Wargames Illustrated" which offers a free Osprey book- who could resist? Actually it was a very interesting one upon the subject of Napoleons Guard ,not to mention the interesting articles on 1806, Germany in the Napoleonic wars and von Dornberg in the magazine itself...
In the past I have looked at what might have happened to the Duchy in the Napoleonic period- invaded possibly by the British en route to Copenhagen in 1807. Now I am tempted to explore 1806 and the potentialities of Tradgradland co-operating with the Danes in Schewig- Holstein in the event of a French invasion...
I have Danish figures aplenty and some ideas but can I stop myself plunging into another (albeit long term) project?

1 comment:

  1. The Napoleonic wars presented a bit of a conundrum for the Herzog Von Hesse Seewald. Should he support his natural ally, Prussia or should he throw in his lot with Napoleon? Napoleon made it very clear to the Herzog that neutrality was not an option, so I believe that eventually the prudent course of action for a land locked power would be to face the inevitable and ally HS with France.

    What Napoleon did not know was that the ancient treasure of Heinrich der Lowen was hidden beneath monastery in Gotha. The herzog need only to survive the tides of history to use his secret fortune to rebuild his power at the end of the Napoleonic Wars.

    ReplyDelete