Saturday 11 November 2017

Targe 2

On a bright and cold morning we set out for Kirriemuir and the Targe Show.It is always an enjoyable journey as the leaves change colour and autumn kicks in.The Angus countryside looked idyllic with enigmatic Ancient Monuments signs to Pictish stones and Glamis Castle passed by. The show used to be held in the town hall but now takes place in the local high school.

A general view of the show and some splendid Command and Colours games in 15mm.
My favourite game was this Carlist Wars battle by Jack Glanville and others using Sharpe Practice.Beautiful terrain and figures.

Now for the purchases.My Warbases movement trays for the VBCW and some nostalgia filled reading materials. I recall reading the magazines when 11 and 12 years old.
Finally some pre painted Brits I purchased to oppose my Danes. An enjoyable day with an excellent bacon roll,catching up with fellow gamers ,interesting games to view and tempting trade stands.What more could one ask of a Saturday?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great show, complete with bacon buttie. I think I have that very book about Naseby somewhere in storage. Nice finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first picture looks like punters were thin on the ground. What was attendance like?

    I missed driving up today but it would have been near my current limited endurance so decided to stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We felt that there were indeed less folk about than in previous years.For example you could get into the bring and buy without braving a three deep crowd. I can't work out why the show was quieter as it's a super show and lovely countryside.

      Delete
  3. Alan

    What scale are your Danes?

    I have some 25mm Swedish not doing very much and I will be moving them on when possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Danes are 28 mm and would be interested in hearing more of your swedes.What make are they?

      Delete
    2. The Swedes I have are Minifigs 25mm and have been stashed away for a couple of decades.

      I'll photograph them and let you see them.

      Delete
  4. Tradgardmastare,

    It looks like it was a great way to spend a Saturday. I only wish that I lived close enough to pay it a visit.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the photo's. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete