Saturday 6 January 2024

Out and about

 Popped over to Edinburgh on Thursday, a spur of the moment decision.

This fallen or shooting star looks spectacular at the entrance to the St James Quarter. Not sure if this is seasonal or permanent.
The new faux old ( ?) shops or offices which appeared here. Used to be a narrow thoroughfare. Can’t recall when the change occurred.
Still nor sure what I think of “The Apple” but on the whole it is an interesting if futuristic looking building which could inspire some table top buildings for someone.
Popped into the NMS for a wee look and inspiration for forthcoming painting. One of my old favourites.
Nice Bronze Age kit on display really liked it, again painting inspiration.
Seen en route to St Patrick’s . I have discovered a direct route from near the station by way of closes that is new to me.
St Patrick’s in the Cowgate, a beautiful building.

On bus homeward bound and noticed the rides were still working, not for me !
An enjoyable dérive in the Capital.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice!
    I wish I could pop over to Edinburgh on the spur of the moment. ha ha

    ReplyDelete