Friday 26 April 2024

Terrain ideas for gaming

 I’ve been painting more of my backlog of Mark’s Little Soldiers. Now the mountain troops are done ( five infantry to a unit/ per hex and officers on 2p bases) I have some overall clad worker’s militia on the go. Today l set up a wee scenic trial using the mountains l had been working on and some houses l found yesterday whilst sorting.



The mountains are paper mache with Vallejo terrain paint covering them.




I might try and set up a solo game of “ Memories of ‘34” over the the weekend if time allows…

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. The mountains came out nice. Those little wooden houses are the best. Looking forward to an AAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple, stylised can often work better than hyper realistic, imho.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you !
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. I like this style of scenery very much - looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly works for me, and the figures I would venture.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. I do like the snow capping on the mountains. I hope the game goes well.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks x 2 .
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. Love the 'mini-mountains'..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! From the Blue Peter school of scenic modelling.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  7. These work so well - stylish and stylised mini mountains and trees hill hexes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased that it seems to be popular and I take it as an encouragement as I proceed…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete