Sunday 30 June 2024

Lardy Event

 A friend asked me a while back if I would like to help him put on a game of Sharp Practice at a Lardy event . I said yes as I had the rules and wanted to help. I didn’t know the SP rules well at all but l read up a wee bit. So the day of the event came round yesterday and l got the train to Musselburgh where it was held. Some pictures-

Getting unpacked and organised. The game was set in the War of 1812.
Another table at the event. Interesting looking marker for tracking morale as well as a great looking table.
Our game players and the game organiser on right.
Table next to us was ww2 . I was particularly interested in the organising of units on a side table.
Some in game shots with advancing troops going along a road…
Failed selfie by this blog’s owner. Game in progress.
The attack on the fort and artillery emplacement. Smoke and noise.
A unit takes casualties . I can’t recall which unit it was but it was a regular one.
The artillery placement and fort. 
Troops massed ready to engage the fort and its defenders.
I enjoyed the game and the players did too. A big thank you to C for the invite and encouragement. I had to leave at lunchtime but other games took place pm. 
I would definitely attend/ help again. I really enjoyed Sharp Practice, found the system and the story telling element exciting. I was intrigued by the  other games and periods. All in all an excellent outing.



6 comments:

  1. Looks a good event and those are good rules - in regular use here.
    I've yet to go to a Lardy Day event.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great morning's entertainment by the look of it. Lovely looking scenery and figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun looking morning and table. I too was intrigued by the WW2 muster roll (and its comedy nicknames)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must re-read Sharp Practice, I've only played one game and that was some years back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have been away too long. I didn't recognize anybody in those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun!

    Looks like you almost photo-bombed your own selfie. ha ha

    ReplyDelete