Saturday 25 October 2014

Thanks etc

Firstly a great big thanks for your supportive comments to my previous post.They have really helped.I am fortunate to blog amongst such a splendid  community within the ether. I am feeling a little more like myself.Tired but moving forward.
On the hobby front I am currently rebasing/organising my 18th century 25/28mm collection in order to unify it into one project re organisation and base size.I am looking forward to seeing it all upon the table together once they are based etc. As part of this I posted the following on Emperor v Elector and am repeating it here-
"Morning all!
I looking for information about the Reichsarmee. How often did they meet as batts/regts for training?At what level did they train -company,batt or what? Information re the different contingents and how often they came together and the officers and their background. Did the soldiers practice on firing ranges/pardadegrounds/wasteland/heaths in their local communities? The more I think about it how little I know about the day to day working of the reichsarmee at a low level...
Thanks in anticipation
Alan"
Finally I couldn't resist posting this little picture I found whilst searching-

9 comments:

  1. Tradgardmastare,

    It is good to read that things have taken a turn for the better, and I wish you success with your new project. I look forward to seeing the newly rebased and reorganised armies when they are finished.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear to you are feeling better and getting back to normal , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're starting to feel more like yourself and that you're moving forward!
    Charming picture. There should be a miniature figure based on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you're doing better, and I look forward to seeing your re-based troops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delighted to hear that you're feeling better, Alan. A hard slog through a vale and up a hill is often rewarded by the view from the top. Hoping your view shows better days ahead.
    I love the picture of the young lady but I confess I don't really understand it.
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good News Alan, glad to hear it.

    I have been holding the magazines we spoke about a while ago for you. Are you still interested in them? (No pressure at all).

    If I don't hear from you I may well take then to Targe at Kirriemuir so that may be your last chance to snap them up.

    Send me a private email to let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed this post Alan, glad things are looking brighter ;-)

    ReplyDelete