Tuesday 26 June 2018

A post about today’s Post 

These were awaiting me on my return from work today:


Forty years ago I had a Minifigs TYW army which has long since gone. I read wedgewood eagerly and Eduard Wagner (?) too. For reasons of nostalgia I ordered this book which,on first glance, looks really interesting indeed. I had also bought into the kickstarter for Noggin the Nog figures and am delighted with the figures which may get used for Dragon Rampant. Can’t wait to see more from Little Soldier Company in the way of Noggin figures.

15 comments:

  1. Just got the White Mountain book myself , looks very interesting , not much modern reading on the TYW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Noggin figures look wonderful - such enchanting stories - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah.... I've got Springs book on the first British Army and it really is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went in on the Noggin minis kickstarter, too (even though I never knew about Noggin until seeing stuff on blogs in recent years). I'm awaiting my package (but no hurry, since I have plenty of other minis I need/want to paint for games).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the animations? They are wonderful.

      Delete
    2. I have not. I should look them up on youtube. :)

      Delete
    3. You will not be disappointed, they are wonderfully old school filled with charm. Let me know what you think.

      Delete
  5. Alan- 'Noggin The Nog'- now there is a fine set of figures. Interested in seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Alan- I've had a look at some of the narrated illustrated stories on U-Tube in black and white...most enjoyable from the 1960s...from these TV snippets you get a good idea about what Noggin the Nog is all about. Splendid. Regards. KEV.

      Delete
    2. Alan- are you going to paint up the set of 28mm figures for Noggin The Nog...with the view to a game of sorts? Regards.KEV.

      Delete