Friday 28 January 2022

Mat

 I took delivery recently of a hex mat l bought from DC. Included in the price were some mdf hills as well. DC very kindly sent as a surprise some trees, let’s face it one can never have enough trees for gaming purposes. I am delighted with my purchase which will see service with many different scales and periods. Here are a few trial shots I set up -






First solo game over the coming days will be to play test “Swords, Sorcery and Squares” Maudlin Jack Tar’s fantasy variant of The Portable Wargame.

10 comments:

  1. That's all very exciting news!!
    Great looking hex mat and scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Set up a wee game last night, takes up less space on the dining room table. Hope to play it today…

      Delete
  2. Hello there tradgardmastare,

    I am delighted you are delighted and it all looks rather splendid in use. My own set up has changed slightly, mainly as I tend to favour a more old school plain approach and so the mat was a little too natural looking for my games. I am glad you like it all and as ever it was a pleasure doing business with you!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, looks nice. I might have to try this, as my "hills" atm are just books under the mat. What is the website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t know where DC got the hills. Probably a mdf/ base near you might help…

      Delete
  4. Nice looking mat. My hex ‘mat’ is composed of a large number of hex tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine was too but this is so handy I could not resist!

    ReplyDelete