Wednesday 19 February 2014

Hip to be square

Inspired by the picture, I found the other day, of the 1807 Battle of Koge-
I set up my own little squared battle between the Duchy of Tradgardland and the The Kingdom of Denmark.
Don't forget to click on the picture for a better view.
The Ducal forces at the top of the picture are all militia except for the hussars on the road and the sailors/naval guns on the hill top right.The Danes, at the bottom, are a mix of Landevaernet (militia) infantry/cavalry/artillery and regular cavalry/infantry. Battle report later..

5 comments:

  1. Interesting looking battle - I await further details with anticipation

    ReplyDelete
  2. The illustration is very inspiring, and I can see why you wanted to turn what you saw into a tabletop battle.

    I await your battle report with interest.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. How refreshing to see a battle with mostly "ordinary" troops as opposed to so many that feature elite troops. Bravo for you, sir.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that illustration is cool and inspiring. I like your setup, too.
    With you and Bob and Ross and all doing these beautiful small (square grid) games I am getting more and more tempted to try it more myself. I look forward to the report!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I have some of those little wooden buildings somewhere!
    As I was saying on Ross M's blog the other day, while gridded/square wargames aren't my cup of tea, I can see the attraction to them - they do call attention to the game/toy soldier aspect of our hobby, rather attractively so. Looking forward to the outcome.

    ReplyDelete