Tuesday 11 May 2021

An unexpected parcel- further in..

 It was very exciting working my way through the layers and the reveal eventually of this treasure trove of  semi flats! The picture with diverse figures were the first out the box, l subsequently re photographed the figures more systematically. I was very taken with the big cannon and  mounted Indians with pistols , neither have I got. The other cavalry will fit in well with those I have currently. The other picture is of what I think are all Schneider figures. They will fit nicely into various projects. I am particularly taken by the stags and rabbit. There are some Russian infantry ( ?) which will go well with my Cossacks l painted last week.  More pictures tomorrow...






8 comments:

  1. Excellent find - that saves a lot of casting and gives new life to old figures. Good to match them to the catalogue of moulds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased. Like any moved lot some are more exciting than others but all well worth saving and giving some tlc too. I am always impressed with the variety on offer from Schneider, something for everyone.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is and I do like the box which I didn’t realise I was buying!

      Delete
  3. Those parcels keep coming in apparantly. How many tons per week do you receive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like one of my daughters Phil :)
      As for me, I perceive myself to be rounding up the waifs and stays of the toy soldier world as their benefactor:)

      Delete
  4. Excellent haul Alan! A little bit of everything! They are lucky to have you as their benefactor!

    ReplyDelete