Sunday 9 May 2021

New recruits

 I have been trying to buy less and tackle the Lead Mountain ( as I have successfully accomplished with the semi flat figures recently ) but bought these. One purchase consisted of  these two flat  charming Alpine Farmhouses. They will work well with my recent card scenery. I will repaint them. The second was a lot, eight in all plus a couple of Schneider, of dashing French cavalry, some with broken swords and some with holes in their hands to hold lances. I cannot make up my mind if I  will repaint these , or leave the uniform as it is, for my current semi flat project.




10 comments:

  1. Neat! I've not seen semi-flat terrain before! Those little houses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren’t they. I have some more semi flat scenery I will post soon.

      Delete
  2. I do like the houses and the animated cavalry. Personally, I would cover bare lead, if only to reduce handling and further paint flaking. But I would respect the original choice of colours.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cavalry, they are very nice. I would go with the suggestion of covering bare lead and leave the rest as they look nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are charming and I am intending to cover the bare metal . It seems the best way forward.

      Delete
  4. A sensitive paint touch up with the cavalry I think , love the flat houses .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those buildings are like some resin structures from Timecast that I'm currently painting, only ... flat!
    Lovely stuff - I agree with MGB. Perhaps adding some carboard or balsa swords to the cavalry?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s a 2d world Michael. The swords sound a plan.

    ReplyDelete