Sunday 2 May 2021

Old John

 In the Sixties I had some glove puppets as a boy. One was a bearded jaeger with a green hat and green fabric body. I called him Old John. I managed to get approximations from the Internet of what he looked liked facially and his hat.

When painting these semi flat jaegers he came into my mind and are the reason for the colour l chose to paint three of the figures. The fourth I have left with the remnants of colour he came with apart from a little touching up of his face. The four figures with be marksmen on the tabletop and probably fight alongside the Landwehr. 





9 comments:

  1. I vaguely remember similar puppets, but can't recall the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In many ways l am similar but Old John stood out for me for some reason.

      Delete
  2. I think Old John would have scared me as a small child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was masks, cheap plastic masks that I could not abide at all.

      Delete
  3. Very nice figures Alan. I painted a set of them as Hereros for my DSW scenario and they fit the bill quite well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a blog or use Facebook as it would be great to see photos of your figures?

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry Alan, I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology. No blog and no Facebook. Maybe someday I will make some progress with my computer!

    ReplyDelete