Tuesday 6 July 2021

I’ve been to the Warbases shop today.

 Monday saw the opening of the new Warbases shop. On a rather muggy and damp Monday I made my way there. I enjoyed the display of items and a chance to see things as we’ve not had a wargames show for a while. Here’s what I bought-

Army Painter Wolf Blue paint to paint my Albion Airforce 54mm toy soldiers

30mm lipped bases for my28mm tuatha for The Woods 2nd edition rules. I am using a mix of Romano Brits and Picts

A stylish stile to use with my hedges and walls

Some 28mm geese to work with and for my 15th Century town Guard 

If you live locally and even not so locally it’s well worth popping into the shop and giving an excellent business some support.




14 comments:

  1. So good that there are still such places to visit. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do great service by mail. I’d love to drop in but aren’t likely to have the chancep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Envious of you actually being able to visit a Wargaming shop .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to see things in metal prior to buying.

      Delete
  4. Good to support Local Shops Alan- and glad you found what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might have to check them out if they mail bases. A lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed, I got a packet from them this morning, only order them a couple of days ago.

      Delete
    2. An excellent mail order service imho. They do custom work , as you know , why not ask about those Grant templates...

      Delete
  6. If not local, they do an excellent speedy mail order. That's where I get my MDF penny and tuppenny bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent bases they are too to match the service.

      Delete
  7. Oooooh! Must visit soon. Thanks for the heads up.
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete