Monday 5 July 2021

Repaint or not to repaint that is the question

 Some people strip the their figures of old paint some don’t. I do a bit of both. I do like to preserve as much of the original paint from the factory or home caster as possible, particularly with khaki clad ones. There is no consistent rule. When much original paint is present I will keep it , add detail in modern paint and gloss varnish leaving some bare metal. I see this a a sort of toy soldier on campaign uniform, the mark of the veteran of many games.










6 comments:

  1. Yes some of mine I have stripped others I've touched up and a few I've left with their scars and wear . Think it's down to the individual figure and the paint job .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and Tony that it comes down to the figure and its condition. I always like to keep as much of the original paint as possible. Your figures look great to me Alan, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, the only right approach is the one that gives the owner the most pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A most thoughtful comment Ross.

    ReplyDelete