Tuesday 22 February 2022

Reading material and little painting

 This splendid book arrived yesterday. It is hardback, feels like quality to handle , has excellent type face for reading and is beautifully illustrated-



I got it as I have got caught up in the excitement regarding the forthcoming Amazon series. I have enjoyed the discussions around the teaser posters, Vanity Fair article and trailer. I am cautiously optimistic regarding it. Time will tell…

Been busy out and about etc recently and have done little hobby stuff apart from making plans when on buses and even a few notes on my phone of ideas. Anyway here are some  things I am attempting to move forward-


Three Lone Star Bren Carriers for interwar gaming in 54mm, probably using The Portable Wargame on a grid. Some 54mm elves and orcs for fantasy gaming , skirmishes and maybe bigger battles and some 1780s Swedish figures for an imagination project I have been thinking about for some time now. 

11 comments:

  1. Top quality reading material AND some fun figures to paint - perfect afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks a very interesting book, not seen that one. 54mm fantasy figures look decent, look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are the Tehnolog figures working out? They are next on my shopping list so I’m curious how they hold up to scrutiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take paint well and are nice to work with. So far so good.

      Delete
  4. The figures are coming along nicely. I love Tolkien and I wholeheartedly agree about being cautiously optimistic regarding the Amazon series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks re figures. It will be interesting to hear more about the project. Are you listening to the Prancing Pony folks new podcast on the forthcoming Amazon series? It is very good indeed as is their other podcasts.

      Delete
    2. I had forgotten about that podcast! I’ll need to queue it up to give a listen during quiet days at work.

      Delete
  5. I do hope the new Amazon series does not turn out to be 'Game of Thrones meets Tolkien'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very confident it won’t be from what I have heard and read.

    ReplyDelete