Sunday 29 March 2020

Of kern and gallowglasses is supplied or the Irish are finished.

Yesterday after a final push I finished my 28mm Irish. I am pleased with the results and the basing. The single figures on bases with rocks represent kern marksmen as I imagine them rising from behind cover to take a pot shot. The other two bases with individuals on them are priests clad in cosy looking mantles.I like the combination in this army of archaic weaponry, natty Tudor bonnets and mail clad gallowglasses. Some musket armed and a unit of pike. I think they will look splendid on the table. Have a look at these reenactors and their fascinating site.
http://www.claiomh.ie/






17 comments:

  1. I see it now - Macbeth The BattleGame. You have the trees for the moving Birnam wood bit ... (Harking back to O levels here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memories of O grades for me too. Wood you believe it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, impressive army, splendid work...and nice bases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice collection Alan. Very well done. Particularly like the basing of the Kern marksmen. Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stones from the garden, any neighbours watching must have wondered what I was doing as I took ages to get the right ones.

      Delete
  4. Great work, they look impressive and finished in record time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cousins are here! Superior work, Alan! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they the ones in the third row on the left?

      Delete
  6. They look splendid! And it looks like the time setting worked too (unless you posted at some time during the night..?)

    ReplyDelete