Saturday 13 June 2020

Who’s zoomin who?

My blog title refers to a song I recall by Aretha Franklin from 1985. The phrase refers to , I believe, checking people out. Anyway a long winded  introduction to how Zoom plays a part in my lockdown hobby. I am playing regularly DBA with my long term opponents now again. Yesterday saw a 28mm game between fifteenth century Swiss & Burgundians. Pike, plate armoured knights, bombards , bows and more. The game swung back and forth and was most exciting. Eventually my Swiss won. We played on a 4foot square area, which worked well camera wise. This has become a weekly feature.
The other weekly feature is Phil Olley’s Virtual Wargames Club https://philswarcabinet.blogspot.com/2020/06/an-international-brigade.html
Follow the above link to read about the venture. It has been great putting faces and voices to fellow bloggers and the chat is both enjoyable and inspiring. It is good to see other areas of the hobby.

2 comments:

  1. Tradgardmastare,

    Over the last few months, I’ve been using Zoom and Skype for wargaming and other communications. I can’t see me going back to wargaming without it.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete