Monday 15 June 2020

In the shed again...

Today I began to sort out my 40mm 18th Century figures who haven’t seen the light of day for ages, some if at all. I am keen to do some Seven Years War western front games with small forces. Here are some pictures of the collection being dusted with a view to repairs -



I have been inspired partly by the conversations and figures on Saturday’s Zoom and also by a desire to get my old school figures into play. A Charles Grant book has been ordered and some of my reference books ( old and new) looked out not to mention the SYW project on the internet. 



10 comments:

  1. Those figures look they have some presence. I’ve got an urge to get some bigger scale figures now rather than my tiny ones. MUST RESIST 😞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few as a sample to try, perhaps for skirmishing...

      Delete
    2. Yes, what harm could a handful do. I can do skirmish games. ‘I can handle it.’

      Actually I have a few Spencer Smith SYW marching infantry which my old school buddy Old School Toby gave me when he was trying to tempt me down that path.

      Get thee behind me Satan!

      Delete
  2. You have some shed!!! These figures are just right for Grant and the Seven Years War. I'd like to pluck up enough courage to join the Zoom group but not enough to contribute at the moment. Lots of guys on the Fife and Drum site are involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone welcome, just email Phil...

      Delete
    2. Its a great chance to meet other wargamers, from all parts, and see what people are doing, even if you don't have much to contribute as present !

      Delete
  3. Nice collection of figures and books. What is the source of your last illustration?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. It is from the fly Leaf of the Funken book in French on the right of my books in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you thought of using 'A Gentleman's War' rules with these ? . I've had a couple of games using them - very successful .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting suggestion. I do find the card aspect a tad confusing.

      Delete