Sunday 14 November 2021

Silver Bayonet arrived

 The postman brought my copy of the Silver Bayonet yesterday with figures for it. I am impressed with the look of the rules especially the cover and faux marbled end papers. I have not had time to do the rules justice with a detailed read through yet but what I have read impresses me. I was particularly keen to see the solo rules and the bestiary , both live up to my expectations. A potential for lots of interesting opponents and scenario creation. The North Star figures are full of character and charm and will look great on a tabletop when painted. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase and anticipate enjoyable skirmishes ahead. 

8 comments:

  1. Got my copy from Amazon yesterday as well , nice looking book but not had time to read any of it yet .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed this launch completely. Must check it out, but not purchase...too much to do already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine arrived earlier this week, as well. I think I will likely use it more for solo or co-operative play as well... it seems odd to have to rival bands of monster hunters fighting each other where there is clearly a greater evil present. Although, watching what's been going on around the world these last few years... maybe it makes more sense than it should!? I think it would be move fun to run the monsters and have friends and family each play a hero or a couple of followers and fight the supernatural foes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only recently found out about these - but they do sound like fun. I may have found a game to run for next Halloween in these rules!

    ReplyDelete