Monday 29 May 2023

Homework

 With Mark’s Little Soldiers announcing the forthcoming 1848 range I thought l had better start reading up on the period-


There is much interesting chat on Mark’s Instagram both from Mark himself and also from the comments left there by others. I have started listening to series seven of the Revolutions podcast which I have found most interesting so far. I would recommend it as a way in or reminder of 1848.

As for what my thoughts and plans are it is very early days. I might go for Tradgardland in 1848 or instead  see where my 1930’s MLS countries were in 1848. It depends how much information l can glean from the sources available to me. Tradgardland might be the way to go for a microcosm experience and the other countries for a macrocosm one. 

Anyway in the meantime some music-


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=33T0_-2iemk


 


6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I wonder what happened in the Duchy Of Tradgardland in 1848 whilst much of the rest of Europe tackled Civil War and Revolution?
    *
    I wonder what happened in Britain to prevent this or maybe you have a new Very British Civil War - 1848 style?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent questions. Can you submit your essay by next week ?😂 I am still thinking, listening and reading around this all and making a few scribbled notes and plans. I have some time til the first figures so no hurry…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. That Neil Thomas book is great, I read it and joined the Continental Wars Society! It's a really interesting period, of course and very colourful. Good luck with Tradgarland 1848!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempted to join in when the figures come out?
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. It’s great that Mark will be expanding his range of little soldiers to other periods.
    Can’t wait to see how they will come up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed. I can’t wait to see them either…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete