Friday 9 June 2023

Keep me travelling along…

 Yesterday saw me trying out bus routes to and from Falkirk. I got a direct bus from Dunfermline to Falkirk via some local villages and countryside. The 85 minute journey flew by. In Falkirk l visited Waterstones and the Seagull Trust second hand book shop.

The above two were got for £1.85 each and are part of a series l have been collecting. Well Illustrated and full of interest, they are great introductions to their themes.
With Falkirk being on the Antonine Wall it is not surprising that Waterstones has a good selection of books on the Romans . I picked up this one I had not seen before. Below is a mural behind the till.
My return journey was a 38 bus to Forth Valley Hospital where I changed buses to the Stagecoach one for St Andrews which stops in Dunfermline. A useful trip out.
On my return l found the spare parts had arrived -
I tried to figure the way to use the horse leg spares with my legless Arabs but made little progress, I will have to have a think…
Instead I put glue, cocktail sticks and masking tape on the cowboys to replace their revolvers and fill in a few holes.


10 comments:

  1. A grand day out , with toys at the end of it , nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Intriguing book purchase. Travel to another town, visit a second hand bookshop and get home to a new toy delivery. What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder if channel four might commission me…
      Paul Merton could drive me around/ ride the buses with me…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. A nice wee haul of books and spare parts, sounds like a cracking day all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always amazing what turns up in second hand bookshops…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. Interesting books. Might look the Roman one up, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. The books look good; sounds like an excellent day altogether. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a perfect day but a jolly good one.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete