Sunday 25 June 2023

New arrivals

 Recent arrivals in the Duchy-

I recently installed a wildlife pond in the garden. Today whilst drinking coffee outside I noticed a movement in the pond. On closer inspection it turned out to be this welcome visitor! I look forward to tadpoles…
A long sought after book became available and it arrived the other day. I have been fascinated by the Kibbo Kift for ages now and am delighted to say this book has lived up to expectations . A fascinating mix of text and terrific photos as well as close ups of surviving textiles, tabards and carvings.
Needless to say I am raising a section of the Kin to serve in my vbcw forces using Pictish and Eight Army sprues plus the odd elf.
Finally I have had a chance to read through this supplement. The rules for Wilderness adventures are most interesting. I particularly like the way bog terrain and ice terrain are handled in the rules not to mention the new creatures featured in the bestiary. I bought into the North Star deal and have a load of figures based on the bestiary to paint up . So loads of splendid creatures await a coat of paint and basing.


5 comments:

  1. It's amazing how quickly little ponds can become havens for wildlife. Also fascinated by the Kibbo Kift and Woodland Folk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to that very much. Much pleasure to come I hope…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very surprised and delighted.
    Fascinating indeed, the art alone is fascinating not to mention the rest.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete