Monday 26 June 2023

Kitbashing Kibbo Kift

Today I have spent quite a bit of time enjoyably kit bashing Kibbo Kift Kin using these sprues-


They are Picts and Eighth Atmy. I wanted a mix of figures in shorts and boots , tunics and barefoot  and this was achieved mixing the parts up . I also added cloaks. The Picts came with some plastic cloaks with hoods. These needed to be made more pointy with green stuff. Other cloaks were added entirely out of green stuff-

I am new to using green stuff and am feeling my way with it. The gloves made a huge difference to the process by me remaining itch free. I also made sure to keep my fingers moist with water to avoid sticking.
I am quite pleased with the result today on the whole. I look forward to painting the figures when I get a chance in the coming days.
A  couple of figures wear steel helmets which they have picked up from the battlefield. I don’t particularly like their headgear but used it anyway.

Here are a few of the photos l used to get inspiration from. I hope perhaps to do a figure in a stiff  formal ceremonial tabard as well as a tent or two. We shall see…





Al in all an enjoyable crafty time had with the occasional stuck fingers and dropped figure just to add to the fun!

8 comments:

  1. Interesting avenue! The conversions look good. Noticed that the person on the right of the penultimate looks to be wearing something like a Montero cap. Any spare ECW heads could be handy.
    Chris/Nundanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most interesting observation on Montero cap. This was the had worn by women. I will have a look in my spares box. Thanks for positive comments re conversions.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. They are well armed for a peaceful movement! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is where real time and vbcw time diverge. In truth l just want these fascinating folk in my games. Something different on the Wargames table. One of the things I love about the vbcw is how it has encouraged me to take deep dives into the history of the 1930’s and how this can be reflected on the tabletop. I was fortunate that Al Front pointed out academic articles etc to me many moons ago when this glorious madness began.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
    2. They are wonderful ideas that you are developing

      Delete
  3. Ahh, the joys of kitbashing. The eighth army shorts and Pictish hoods and tunics work well together. Some colourful tribal textiles await.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they do too. Sadly the colourful tribal textiles will have to wait for tent and tabard. In 1927 green was stipulated for the Kin clothes albeit in endlessly debated shades.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete