Thursday 7 March 2024

In Falkirk on my birthday

 I went to my eldest’s for lunch in Falkirk today, Wednesday . I like going there because l lived for a year in Falkirk and the place holds happy memories for me. So a few photos of murals, plaques and buildings not to mention some purchases.

An interesting book and a couple of toy soldiers from the collectors shop, couldn’t leave them in the shop window could l?
Above and below murals pertaining to the battle. I believe the faces of local folk were painted into the scene.

Interesting plaque pertaining to the Jacobite battle…

Linlithgow, which I passed through on the bus from Falkirk to Edinburgh. The bus drove past 
 many of my old haunts, some  changed almost beyond recognition. The village l lived in has an incredible amount of houses, schools , shops etc being built in it!


18 comments:

  1. Haven't been in Falkirk for years and even then it was for football, so pretty much covered a pub and the old ground! A couple of nice looking soldiers and that indeed looks like a very interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid it is looking a little frayed round the edges. I was in the old ground many moons ago and I was thinking of these times as I passed the new one on the bus.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday. It seems mine was a day [and four years] before yours.
    The trip to Falkirk looks to have been fun.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday Stephen
      A good trip indeed.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, hope you had a good day with your daughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I did!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday!
    Remember my dad taking me to Falkirk once when I was a kid, as the ship he worked on was often in Grangemouth. I remember buying a lot of Matchbox 1:76 large diorama/ AFV kits in a High Street shop...
    Roger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy memories indeed!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. A grand day out! Happy belated birthday.

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand indeed and thanks!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. Interesting pictures; thanks. Good to hear your outing to Falkirk was enjoyable. And of course you had to rescue those toy soldiers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found them interesting. I did indeed have to rescue the toy soldiers. They will join my armies here in the Duchy happily l hope.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete