Tuesday 2 July 2024

Toy soldiers

 For me  one of my biggest inspiration is this blog-

https://gameofmonth.blogspot.com/2024/07/ambushed-again.html

It is always full of fun games, interesting armies and all that is best in toy soldiers. Ros achieves an aesthetic on the table top which is visually attractive, nostalgic yet modern as well as simple rules to manage the immersive table top world. This is a blog I visit daily and I urge you to pop over there regularly too.

Ros has inspired me to get out the toys, do some repairs and get a wee game going. But first repairs-






4 comments:

  1. Huzzah (or yeehaw?) for old lead cowboys and for the colourful native troops. I too enjoy stylish Ross’ toy soldier skirmishes with old lead on Battle Game Of The Month and its blog roll first thing of a morning, along with the Duchy blog of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely toys Alan! I'm always happy to see old figures being restored and played with again. I'm also a big fan of Ross Mac's blog(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only started following Ross's blogs recently and also find them very enjoyable and inspirational. During a stormy period at sea I went back to the first post and read up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to see your work on refurbishing those old warriors to get them table ready. Always enjoy a read and a pore over the photos on Ross's blogs, always entertaining.

    ReplyDelete