Saturday 28 September 2013

The Duchy of Volare-Cantare

Morning all!
I forgot to mention this in my previous post...
A nostalgic trip through old scans on the web of Airfix magazine annual articles-esp the one by George Gush on the Italian army in the desert in ww2 has left me with a desire to do what I always meant to do aged 13.that is to convert some Airfix 20mm Japanese to ww2 Italians.
These I would field as troops of the imaginary Duchy of Volare-Cantare- a land of wine (in those wicker thingies) song and sun...
To be fielded against my other Ros minitanks/Airfix chaps using the Grant rules from his book.
Any chaps got some lying around I can buy?
thanks 
Alan

p.s 
The odd Confederate figure with raised hand would fulfill my desire to convert the Italian from D V Oakley's article Armies by the Dozen by the way too

7 comments:

  1. “Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
    There’s always laughter and good red wine.
    At least I’ve always found it so.
    Benedicamus Domino!”
    ― Hilaire Belloc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you could just buy some Italian figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooophs I had forgotten that option!
      I still remain attracted by the project never done in 1973,but your option is easier and perhaps more sensible.Yet I remain of a mind to break forth the banana oil etc.We shall see...

      Delete
  3. email me your address at matratmatt@yahoo.co.uk, I have the acw confederates I can send you, but not any Japanese WW2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sureley Sir, eBay is your Oyster?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading more about this project!
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete