Monday 11 January 2021

Ancient Ancients

 

 
I got these New Kingdom Egyptians second hand some tome ago. I looked them out as I am starting my Archaeology open learning course in around ten days and my thoughts and reading are beginning to move to the ancient Near East. I have left these figures neglected and the horses have waited to long in the stables whilst the lead men twiddle their thumbs awaiting a battle. The figures are classic Lamming Miniatures and I am taken with their simplicity. Incidentally East Riding Miniatures sell modern castings of Lamming figures if you are interested to complete an old project or even start a new one. My Egyptians will probably fight over a gridded desert .
In the days to come...




4 comments:

  1. Lovely old figures Tradgardmastare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, solid figures by one of the nicest people I knew.

      Delete
  2. Nice collection. I await their return to battle. Which gridded rules will be in play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Portable Wargame or more probably Joe Morschauser.

      Delete