Wednesday 6 January 2021

Paint etc

 

 
I read excellent reviews for this board game and decided to get it to add to the family collection. The rules are mercifully brief but the tactical options seem large. Hopefully we will try it out today. In March I bought a set of Army Painter paints which began to run out a month ago. I got a reasonable deal on the ones below and am looking forward to trying them out. I have bought one or two bottles of this make which served me well. Pavements remain like sheet ice and I haven’t been on a walk for some days. I do not want to add to others burden by breaking a limb. Tradgardland is adjusting to the new conditions, organising space, time and supplies to make this time the best it can be. 


8 comments:

  1. Being a keen cyclist (in fair weather) I like the look of Flamme Rouge. Please let us know your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a good one. If you follow road racing, you will almost certainly enjoy FR.

      Delete
  2. Flamme Rouge is a GREAT game whether you are an avid road cyclist or not. The game encourages the use of realistic team tactics. This one is a winner. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still trying to get a time slot to play , maybe today...

      Delete
  3. I've played quite a few games of Flamme Rouge. Great game, very light, and it creates the tension of a cycling race very well.

    And yes, you should paint the riders. I did that as well, you can see my results on boardgamegeek: e.g. https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4966283/flamme-rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a look. Swithered in the past about painting Tokaido figures. We will see...

      Delete
  4. Jinx! I too have just done a paint audit of my Revell Acrylic Aquacolor two weeks ago and now ordered & received any low colours from Hobbycraft mail order, lots of lovely gloss colours ready for the year ahead. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world and not the time to be paintless....

      Delete