Saturday 5 November 2022

Getting ready for my next non solo game…

 My next game is a Very British Civil War game against the Liverpool Free State. I will be using my Swedish Volunteers  ( see this post for background- http://tradgardland.blogspot.com/2021/02/researching-platoon-for-very-british.html ) for the Anglican League. 

I decided to add another section, this time from the Swedish Seaman’s Church in London. They are in civilian dress with a yellow and blue armband to show which unit they belong to. I just need to finish off the bases and I am ready…








8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a fun period to game and I do like the research aspect and the creative additions.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Cracking looking figures, I like them a lot, always have been tempted by VBCW but not quite succumbed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many figures out there full of character, especially Empress Miniatures.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Love those Swedish figures.
    There’s still a Swedish seaman’s mission in Rotherhithe, nearby the Norwegian church and the Finnish Merimieskirkko. All there because of the old timber docks. The Swedish church is in Marylebone and apparently has a cafe Tuesdays to Thursdays, if you fancy a coffee and cake when in Town. 😉
    There are/were Scandi seaman’s missions in other ports around the country.
    Chris/Nundanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel another Scandi faction coming on…
      Any suggestions or ideas? Church info most interesting.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. Love the Swedes. One kf the great things about VBCW is coming up with quirky factions and these are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I so like the quirky factions. I had read little history around this period but the vbcw gaming encouraged me to read around the period of interwar Britain and I have not looked back. It opened a whole new interest for me.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete