Sunday 20 November 2022

Toy soldier rules.

 I recently came across ( or found again, not sure which) the OMOG one man one gun rules-

http://www.thortrains.us/armymen/sandygme.html#:~:text=Army%20Men%20Homepage-,OMOG,-One%20Man%2C%20One

They look terrific fun , l really must give them a go …

I also came across this blog with interesting content and games-

https://modelrailsandwargames.blogspot.com/2022/06/1-bc-one-brain-cell-toy-soldier-rules.html

I urge you to have a look…

Btw l have been dipping in and out of the Rugby League World Cup over the past thirty five days. Excellent games and podcast too. I was entranced by the Samoan haka equivalent which ended up about an inch from an opponent’s face! 


12 comments:

  1. The One Brain Cell rules in the post linked are a good bit of fun and were some of the first rules I used when I started wargaming. I still use them from time to time - I particularly like the to-hit rolls varying by range and the variable results on a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://poundstoreplasticwarriors.wordpress.com/2018/11/21/in-memoriam-thor-shiel/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased Thor Sheil’s simple sandpit OMOG Rules for outdoor games are still around four years after his passing.
      I made sure to save and print out some of these as some of his other online materials like Milihistriot appear to have lapsed and gone since his passing.
      The other blog looks interesting. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. It is excellent that these are still available. Much inspiration indeed.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. The Army Men homepage is one of the biggest reasons I’m into wargaming today! T. Sheil had a huge influence on my wargaming perspective, and I warms my heart to see that other enjoy his work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spoken.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. I tried out the OMOG system several years ago - really pleased to find a use for some BMC figures my (then) small daughter gifted me nearly 30 years ago. They became the topic for a series of blog postings early 2011, beginning with -
    http://archdukepiccolo.blogspot.com/2011/01/diversions.html
    Cheers,
    Ion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrific fun indeed.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. Sad news re: Thors passing, he was a great exponent of the fun aspect in wargaming. It's amazing how time flies by, he was alive when I last went through his pages, the net is such a vast resource,difficult to keep on top of everything. Easy rules, simple rules whatever you wish to refer to them as, are amongst the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. Thank you very much for sharing these. Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pleasure.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete