Thursday 24 November 2022

Twins

 Xenos Rampant ( along with a free sprue of plastic heavy troopers) landed in the Duchy this week. Here it is with its twin-

A picture of the free sprue of figures-


I have always liked Lion Rampant. It put some dearly needed fun into wargaming when it first came out some years ago. Dan Mersey wrote it in an engaging, fun and accessible way, drawing the reader into an excellent gaming experience. This continues with the new edition and also with Xenos Rampant. 

Xenos Rampant calls out for folk to dust off their old collections and just have fun. The rule book is full of interesting ideas to make your army individual and the way you want it to be. Get out the plastic and lead and have a go…

I never played/ bought into 40k and don’t have lots of SF figures at all. Somewhere in the lead pile are a number of Colony 87 and Ratnik figures. However l  don’t know where  and don’t really have the energy to lift ridiculously heavy boxes in the shed to find them. Lovely figures, l hope l come across them sometime soon.

I am tempted to cobble together two forces - one very hi tech the other the opposite but we will see. Anyone planning to use these rules, if so do share your plans here…

7 comments:

  1. Waiting for my copy but I have just ordered some 3d printed Star Trek figures - partly to see what 3d printed resin figures are like and partly to start on a Star Trek project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, l look forward to seeing and hearing about the figures. Xenos Rampant will not disappoint imho.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine's on order - looking forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be interested to hear what you make of them. What figures will you be using?
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. I am sure you could fudge it. I recall you have some great figures and Xenos Rampant will give you some great games with them…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the new Lion Rampant and am just waiting on Xenos Rampant to arrive. I'm not sure what I'll do with Xenos. I have some sci-fi figures, but I'll also be interested to see if they also suit conflicts from the last century or so.

    At the club we played Rebels and Patriots last night and it was another great fun game from Dan Mersey and the LR style games.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete