Monday 14 November 2022

Mountain Men etc

 As a boy I had a few 60mm Elastolin figures of trappers, as I called them , and my favourite-

The above is just an internet image as are those below  , he is long gone. He fought with or allied with these and others, also long gone-



They towered over my Britains and Timpo and mainly fought each other. Later in my teens I bought this in Thins bookshop and loved it-


I still have it and it still reads well. Recently I enjoyed the films The Revenant and Prey. 
Whilst on eBay I saw some Foundry mountain men at a good price. I bid and was successful. So a wee “sandbox” or should I say “ Potting bench “project  has been commenced. Just a wee skirmish game to scratch the itch for those old toy soldier games of youth…


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sensible idea - maybe "scratching a youthful itch" is why skirmish and Pulp style games, not to mention western gunfights, are so popular with many gamers these days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wee game , simple rules, small numbers, perhaps a bear/ wolves for local colour and to randomly attack during the game .
      Certainly hope to scratch that itch…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Jeremiah Johnson is a good film from the 1970s if you haven't seen it or wish to again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that!

      Delete
    2. A new one to me, I will seek it out…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. I while ago, I picked up a few of the 4cm versions of these, all broken in some ways. One day they may get repaired and get to see action again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing them one day on your blog…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete