Thursday 15 February 2024

The machine is dead, long live the machine! Ann Elk, sorry, an elk!

 

The washing machine began of late  to make horrendous noises when spinning. I hoped it would sort itself but it didn’t plus the seal rubber gathered round the machine door like a relief map of the Himalayan mountains. I got a washing machine repair man who pronounced the machine kaput this morning. I managed to arrange for a new one to be installed tomorrow, but at a price! All that lead, plastic, book and travel money having to go into a White Good, not good.

In other news The Duchy of Tradgardland has been trying out her new elk mounted scouts. Here they are working in cooperation with jaegers.




Further background can be read at the link below-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_cavalry

Recently Neil P recommended some 18th century figures with winter clothing and snow shoes. They arrived yesterday and are excellent castings-



I look forward to putting some paint on these…


19 comments:

  1. The Elk mounted scout is very nice. I have never seen 18th Century snowshoed figures! Very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am pleased with the elk rider. The snowshoe chaps will look excellent.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Tradgardmastare,

    I am extremely envious! Your washing machine goes wrong, you buy a new one, and expect it to be delivered tomorrow. I’m still trying to by a replacement for the one Currys sold me and delivered to someone else!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been following your vexations.
      Awful business.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Glad the figure recommendation met the requirements.
    I hope your washing machine doesn't end up in a saga like Bob's!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did very much so.
      Fingers were crossed I can tell you a,
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. I can only hope the Duchy has better luck than Mr. Cordery has had with his adventures.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was most fortunate.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain, in the space of 3 weeks at the back end of last year, washing machine, tumble drier and microwave all decided to pack in, twas a costly time!! I really like the elk riders, they will look brilliant on a table, the new figures look extremely nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Costly indeed I’ll venture.
      Thanks for the pro elk comment.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. Quite the curiosity - the moose not the washer.
    I've a fridge that's packed up if you want to do a trade!
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moose loose in America, in these parts it’s an elk escaped!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear the domestic tribulation has enforced a budget cut - but perhaps there is plenty on the 'lead pile' to be getting on with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I am just being a grumpy old Hector!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  8. The 'Moose-cavalry' was new to me.
    I'd guess they more likely to pull sleights than to be ridden. Indeed fearfull!! (both for the riders and foe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fascinating what’s out there . I hope to find out a little more on the courier system…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  9. Elk-mounted scouts. May have to report you to the SPOCE (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Elks).

    ReplyDelete
  10. The elks love working in partnership with their rider, a perfect partnership. One man and his elk to quote the famous song…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S famous in Tradgardland that is.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete