Sunday 5 May 2024

Yesterday

 It was dreich as l got the bus over to the Carronade Wargames show-


There are no photos of the show as near the entrance Warbases were selling off made mdf buildings for a fiver each. They had loads ! These are the ones l got-

This meant l had a carrier full as I walked around the show and no hands free to take photos!
These were my only purchase. However Jim D ( veteran wargamer and fellow Blogger) had brought me a gift. It was good to see him ( and others l caught up with who said hello) and I was surprised and delighted with the figures he gave me. They had been part of the collection of one of his now deceased friends.
Lovely fine castings of mounted knights, some painted that will get a chance to fight on.
Back in the Duchy later in the day the weather allowed us to use the pizza oven-

A good day indeed.


10 comments:

  1. What a splendid haul! A very versatile set of buildings. A good job they didn’t have a crèche for bags otherwise you’d have spent even more. Equally splendid was the shiny steampunk ‘pizza engine’ / fixed steam engine with shiny chimneys in your garden. It gives off the same vibe as when I watch coffee being made by a barista with clouds of steam! ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reads like a good way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheap buildings, free figures and a pizza oven! Can it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buildings looks great... big fan of Warbases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't mind the dreich day myself.
    Topped off with some cool buildings, a nice gift of figures, and fresh-baked pizza with family, out of a steampunk engine. What's not to like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Dreich" is the archetypal word to describe Scottish weather "Its gye dreich, min" was a common phrase around Montrose when I was a loon! Those buildings for 5 quid each was a real result too - shame there were no photos of the show and games but someone else will have done some I expect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those buildings look brilliant. A great result.
    Hadn't noticed it before I read the other comments, but the pizza oven does look a bit like a steam powered starship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great findings!!
    Too often I've found interesting stuff at the beginning of model railway exhibitions and thought I didn't want to carry the stuff through my visit there, so I'll buy them on my way out instead...
    -Just to find out that they're not available from that stand anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear that Jim D was out and about. I hope he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike

      I was indeed out and about with a couple of minders and a driver.

      Should be ok for Claymore.

      Jim

      Delete