Thursday 27 November 2008

Of Magazines and ideas...

The rain is pouring and the week has been long and tiring. I have become distracted once more - the lure of bicorne and/or shako in 28mm with biggish units! Yet I sit at home delighted with this magazine which arrived today. I am fed up with the glossies on the high street- lovely pics but little text. I look briefly and leave them upon the shelves these days. Yet "Battlegames" has both (great pics and great text) and more..
I have read quite a few issues but not yet subscribed- I fear I will have to do so . This is the tonic I needed- thanks Henry and others! The fascinating article on the Freikorps has begun me pondering what might have happened in the Duchy of Tradgardland in 1918 and beyond - not to mention Saschen -Vindow... Too many ideas not enough time and money- I imagine that is something we all have in common... I will leave off and get back to the articles! P.S a happy thanksgiving to all my American blogging associates on EvE and beyond- have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Battlegames is the only magazine I currently subscribe to . . . and it is by far the best of all those I've seen.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second Jeff's remarks. If you subscribe to, or purchase, one wargames magazine, it should be this one. Each issue is a delight and leaves me hungry for the next one. My only critique is that it doesn't come out but every two months. :-(

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both gentlemen, it's a superb magazine and the only one I subscribe to. And yes, too much inspiration, not enough time or cash... =(

    ReplyDelete