Friday 17 July 2020

The Masked Tradgardlander or Fifteenth Century Swedes prior to posting

I finished the Swedes on Wednesday and took these photos prior to packing them in bubble wrap.
 This would be my first time in a shop since around the 12th of March. I have been on local walks, ventured into the high street without going in anywhere but never inside. So I set off with mask, contactless card and various important items to post plus the lead. One person serving wore no mask, the other wore one over her mouth and the customers were masked up like me. My mask ( which I firmly believe is so important for all of us, just in case you thought I was saying otherwise) kept slipping, I tried to remedy it but to little avail. I felt a stranger in a strange land. I really don’t fancy repeating the retail experience again soon.
Anyway the Swedes are off to feature in our weekly dba games as opponents for other 15th Century armies. The Swedes are mainly blades and bows/crossbows ( 4Bd and 4Cb ) and an element of Saami scouts (ps). All on foot we shall see how they fight soon I hope.  I posted these pictures as someone asked to see the figures.


2 comments:

  1. Good that you got out, but I don’t blame you for being cautious and wary about future excursions.

    The joyful aspect is that Your Grace is able to move about incognito, and see just how happy your subjects are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those figures look superb. I guess they're based for DBA? Will there be any cavalry?
    Yes it's strange going to the shops, people are even more keen to keep their distance etc. Until now I have been amazed that people aren't wearing masks - it's just good manners to do so!

    ReplyDelete