Sunday 5 July 2020

Zoom etc

I have been on Zoom three times over the last two days. Yesterday saw the weekly dba battle which was as close fought and fun as ever. Sadly my Swiss co commander and I were bettered by our Burgundian opponent. We used larger but not too big armies. Dba has provided tactical challenge and enjoyable interactions during these strange days.
 Today saw me painting the above whilst listening to the Tolkien Society Seminar on Zoom. The theme was adapting Tolkien’s works. Fascinating thirty minute talked ranged from the use of elvish in the Peter Jackson films, to Tolkien and heavy metal and Tolkien and counter culture . Plus much more besides. Later in the day saw me attending the Virtual Wargames Club weekly meeting, again on Zoom. Phil Olley has done a splendid job creating this and hosting it. We are indebted to him for this weekly ,eagerly anticipated get together.


9 comments:

  1. Well done on picking up the technology, I find Zoom very intuitive. Fully support your comments about the VWC pulled together by Phil Olley. I did a couple of meeting but unfortunately the time difference killed me. Cheers greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity the time didn’t work for you but I fully understand, a shame though.

      Delete
  2. Those paint your own Timpo knights are me back. Still have my childhood ones in their original colours ... worth sprucing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well worth sprucing up I’d say. They were a joy to paint and look the part on the battlefield.

      Delete
  3. Tradgardmastre
    You get a passing mention in the Phil Olley Battle Chat interview with Henry Hyde https://www.patreon.com/posts/battlechat-52-36138792

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to give Zoom a try. Perhaps one day?

    ReplyDelete