Monday 19 December 2022

Just another manic, sorry frustrating, Monday

 Up early, coffee drunk, cricket on the radio and the intention in my mind to base a 48 figure unit. Here are the figures-


So the bases were got out. As you know I am currently using Ronnie’s method of sticking felt to mdf and figures then to felt. Now to get the scissors to cut round the bases stuck on felt…

I then discovered that my eldest had taken the cloth cutting scissors away with her! So the best laid plans ground to a halt completely. Better get my own pair later today…


10 comments:

  1. Bugger - sounds like good idea for your eldest to give dear old dad as a Christmas gift?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say exactly the same thing.
      Chris

      Delete
    2. Could be, a thought indeed!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh so true…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Oh-dear! Nothing worse than not having the tools to do the job when nothing else can be used as a substitute ...stay well there Alan and enjoy a White Christmas - perhaps Santa will bring you Scissors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You stay well too. Blogger won’t let me comment on your blog , sadly, but I am really enjoying the modelling going on over there.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. New blade in the scalpel? That box of figures - I trust you're not opening presents early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don’t trust myself with a scalpel, l use a penknife from a cracker ( 30 years) as a modelling knife . It is blunt and safe.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian C beat me to it... :o) Turn the bases upside down (felt down) and then run a scalpel blade round the edge...

    ReplyDelete