Thursday 15 December 2022

Lammings on the workbench

 I really like the vibe of medieval Sicily. A melting pot of culture and art. Saracens , Byzantine Mosaics and much more. For that reason l got some Arab figures from Lamming to serve alongside my medieval knights etc. I am not recreating Sicily but using it to inspire my medieval imagination.Here are some pictures that are providing inspiration currently, some figures on the workbench and a fantastic mosaic-

A couple of archers to give me ideas for painting or colour schemes.
Some bow/sword and spear armed troops as well as some javelin armed troops.
An example of the amazing mosaics to be found in Sicily.
Spear/sword armed figures and some archers.
The bowman is particularly of interest in the above picture.

Will post finished figures in the coming days…

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing them.
    In the meantime I must get down to reducing the (wee) Lamming lead pile.
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, solid figures, Lamming. Made by a couple of the nicest people around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed in every respect, Rob. But such a pity that so many people don't realise that they are still available.
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great work going on there, the Lamming figures are great, I much prefer the look of most of the work by the classic companies. Hinchliffe, Garrison, Lamming, Minifigs, Hinton Hunt and others. Takes me back to the old days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having bought Garrison, no way I could disagree with that!

      Delete
  5. I recently 're-discovered Lamming, and what a real joy, especially as one can buy them newly remade. Lovely figures, well done.

    ReplyDelete