Monday 6 March 2023

After Woking 1

 I left Woking early yesterday to give myself time to do something in London rather than just sit around waiting for the train. The trip between Waterloo and Kingscross went well via the Bakerloo and Northern lines. I was very impressed by the Family Waiting Area in station, something l had not seen before. As I looked in lots of families seemed to be enjoying the facilities. Well done LNER . a link to it -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utjkX9Khe1s

https://www.lner.co.uk/news/making-rail-family-friendly-with-a-uk-first-at-kings-cross-station/

So l made my way to the British Museum via this splendid complex-




The British Museum was very busy indeed. I popped to see some old friends from near and far-





Just time to sample the delights of the LNER first class lounge prior to boarding the train. A pleasant journey ensued and I was home by 20:50 having enjoyed the hospitality on train and The Divine Comedy ( band not book) on Spotify. 


11 comments:

  1. You got some good, clear photos there. You do seem to get around.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do don’t l.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. There is a nice hotel a hop and a skip from there called the Tavistock and two very good second hand bookshops; one is Skoob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice thank you.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. British Museum, Assyrian Gallery. One of my favourite places - but haven't been there for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tremendous isn’t it, you must go back soon.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. James Shepherd7 March 2023 at 21:57

    Glad you enjoyed British Museum, it was a fantastic place by the look of the pics. I last went oooh...that long ago I had a pint in the pub. Close by they had a talking bird, mynah? Long time ago.I got down to the Sutton Hoo exhibition of the Staffordshire Hoard,back in October. That was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I would like to visit Sutton Hoo one day…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, close to my old stomping ground. Used to pop to a pub near that estate in the early 90s. Interesting area. Lots of historic books and crannies. Coram’s Fields/Foundling Museum, Dickens house museum, Queen Sq. Nice.
    Chris/Nundanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love typo “ historic books and crannies”
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  7. Fascinating area indeed, really need to get to the Foundling Museum one day. Having stayed in a Travelodge near Kings Cross a few times I feel it is an area l am becoming a little familiar with. I am like a mole who comes up for air in various places but doesn’t really connect them in his mind. Walking around rather than tubing helps a tad but it is still such metropolis to comprehend…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete