Sunday 26 March 2023

Aircraft for MLS

 I looked on eBay for some aircraft to use in the Memories of ‘34 game with MLS. Initially l wondered about 1/72 plastic kits . I have some interwar ones already for gaming in that period but wanted a change, probably something smaller. So after a look around l bid successfully for these-

The wing span is around four inches. They are die cast metal.
Manufactured by Corgi as part of a series about the history of flight.
I think they work well with the larger scale figures, look right on the table flying a few inches above the surface. I have gone with a slightly antiquated vibe as counterpoint to the modern efficiency of tankettes and other ground forces. Currently considering painting them in colours to reflect which imagination they will serve. 
In other news I am endeavouring to tidy the garden and part of the lead mountain collapsed over night-

The painted AWI militia survived , as did some large scale railway figures,but a partially built 16mm. Mdf railbus kit took a lot of damage. I will have to see today if I can patch it  up…

Pleased excuse the socks and sandals combo. Only worn to go to the shed and back, honest.

8 comments:

  1. Nice looking die-cast Planes- they'l prove most useful. Alan- if your having trouble with Blogger not allowing you to comment on my post- could you access Blogger Preferences/Settings and try to make a few changes to remedy the problem. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have tried, no joy.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Sorry to read of accident, it does annoying happen to me from time to time, soon be repaired tho. Die cast! Excellent idea,I don't think I would repaint them tbh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All was well. I don’t think I will repaint them either.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Nice looking planes and I agree about the scale - initially Flames of War did a genuine 15mm scale Stuka - it was effen enormous and looked ridiculous (unless parked on the ground as a target for the LRDG/SAS) - they soon changed to 1/144 aircraft, and those look much better flying over the15mm troops and vehicles.
    The last image is awful, for both reasons - the unpalatable damage and the crime against common decency in dress standards! Socks and sandals - you must be a Pomme, man - I suppose you wear a knotted handkerchief at the beach, too??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only worn to empty the bin, recycle honest. From slippers to sandals than back into slippers.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. I'm with Keith on this one. ;-)
    The planes look the part with your figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks , l agree.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete