Wednesday 12 April 2023

Go West

 Yesterday saw me in Glasgow with two of my daughters. A very enjoyable lunch was had here-


                           It was Kember and Jones in Byres Road . The food and coffee was excellent.

Afterwards we looked round charity shops and bookshops as well as the lovely Arts and Crafts shop in Ruthven Lane. I only bought one thing a hollow ceramic thingie for four pounds in a charity shop.



Here it is with some MLS figures. I like the hill and tree the building stands on. Not bad for £4! I don’t recognise the building style depicted, anyone identify it? Cheap tourist item which will grace the Wargames table probably on some imaginary Balkan country like the Duchy of Samovar.




9 comments:

  1. Not content with a Britney reference last time, this time, it's YMCA.....now, I can't get the chorus out of my head! Looks like a nice day out, despite the location 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right group wrong song. Go West is the one with the tune to “1-nil to the ……..” 😄

      Delete
    2. Excellent music knowledge and it was a good trip.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Looks kind of Turkish. Always worth popping in charity shops.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always is, quite agree.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Curious. Has a strange kind of ginger bread house feel to it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought almost Minoan but know what you mean…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. We're also up in Glasgow this week visiting family. Ruthven Lane and Byres Rd used to be a regular haunt back in my student days

    ReplyDelete
  5. My old haunts too, went out with a girl who lived near Kelvinbridge Underground station…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete