Thursday 27 April 2023

Minifigs and Neville Dickinson

 Slingshot arrived today and an interview with Neville Dickinson in it prompted me to look out my Numidians-


They need a wee sort out, possibly rebasing prior to being pressed into service with other old school ancients. In a suitably nostalgic mood I got this old ex library book out for a wee look-


In other news , after class l had lunch with my eldest at Rocksalt cafe-

I had the Turkish Breakfast for lunch and it was absolutely delicious! On returning home l worked on some MLS Workers  Militia figures who l moved along very nicely.


8 comments:

  1. Fantastic Minifigs chunky spears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Tartars with much thicker spears!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Now that Turkish breakfast does look good!
    Never had any Minifigs ancients. Just the chunky 25mm SYW range.
    Chris/Nu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent breakfast!
      I do like Minifigs SYW figures too.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Minifigs were Da Bomb back in the Seventies - I always preferred them to the regularly awful Hinchcille alternatives - being a mere callow youth at the time, though, I only ever had 20 or 30 to supplement my nasty plastic Airfixers!
    Your lunch does look exceedingly good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I quite like Hinchcliffe but Minifigs are indeed better!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. I've always liked the Minifigs figures - especially once they became chunky - and hence more robust. I suspect Mr Dickinson recognised that the war gamers' view of their soldiery, mostly from above downward, would have a foreshortening effect that would disguise the seeming corpulence of the figures as seen from the level. But the style I have always found attractive, and the figures are easy to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some of us out there still cheering for Minifigs! Hurrah!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete