Thursday 31 October 2013

Battle of Twin Farms, an interlude...

Yesterday I went looking for some inspiration for the forthcoming solo game on my bookshelves-
From left to right- "From Dusk to Dawn" is a book first published in 1945 by the farmer,writer,journalist etc A G Street.and is an enjoyable entertaining read filled with memorable characters.The Pocket Book was got relatively recently when seen  remaindered in a bookshop in Edinburgh.A good background read. Finally the first book I bought about the Home Guard many ,many moons ago.There are many pictures in it which would inspire gaming and modelling as well as being a good read.
Finally a book published  relatively recently and an utterly splendid read. Most interesting,entertaining and thought provoking too.
Any suggestions for other reads welcome here too...

3 comments:

  1. Have you read 'The Last Ditch'? about the auxiliary units who were to be left in hideouts behind enemy lines, to come out and wreak havoc. There was also a little booklet, (name escapes me but it's on my shelf somewhere) about there little dens.
    I found out about them when the book was originally published years ago, and discovered that my primary school headmaster was designated as a local leader.

    ReplyDelete