Thursday 10 October 2013

Updates...

Jan was due to get Chemo number 2 yesterday but was not able to go ahead as her blood counts were down.Hopefully they will be up next week and treatment will be able to go ahead...
Today I took this photo of my Gentian-
Meanwhile I have been painting this afternoon-
These are my 25mm Admin Celts.The base is full of captured roman and other standards and weapons.They are due to be sacrificed to the gods by being thrown into a sacred pool.They are figures filled with character and I hope to do them justice with my painting.I have around sixty to finish.

I got out my copy of "Vanished Armies by A Haswell Miller for inspiration for painting my 42 mm figures I have hummed and hawed about. My eyes alighted on a private from German Infantry Regt No 45,guard order seen by Miller in Salzburg.
I have made him part of the regiment's bicycle section-
The folded bicycle ,carried on the back,is a bookmark//paper clip folded in half.I feel it looks a little big for 42mm figures ( possibly better suited to 54mm) but I think I just about get away with it.I think this plucky Austro -Hungarian toy soldier has style anyway.What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. That 42mm chap looks lovely, I was a bit confused at first as to what the thing on his back was.

    The Gentian is no slouch either.

    I'm sorry I hear about Jans bloods. Chemo is an endurance race. I hope and pray that next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prayed for Jan this am...Jeff

    ReplyDelete