Tuesday 24 November 2020

Back burner 28s

 These 28mm Pict/ pre feudal Scots are for my Friday Zoom gaming which is currently dark age skirmish based. We have started this as a change from the French Indian Wars. Currently using my opponents Saxons and Normans we will be introducing Vikings later . The rules are De Bellis Velitum by Phil Barker. Available free here

http://www.wrg.me.uk/PHIL/DBV%202003.htm

So far so good they are similar to DBM which we have gamed Ancients with for more years than I care to mention. To the figures themselves-



Some archers, some spearmen, some javelin armed skirmishers and some High Status chaps with swords , mail and the odd helmet. Can’t recall the make but they are bonny figures exuding the dark ages for me. 



7 comments:

  1. Those spears look dangerous! Reminds me of some conversions of Airfix Romans as a kid - I raided my mother’s sewing box 😁.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to depict javelins and cutting the heads off pins was an available, cheap and nostalgic solution. I remember seeing someone once impale themselves on a densely based unit of Peter Laing spearmen when they put their hand down clumsily. Blood did flow.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking figures Alan- are you going to finish them before gaming? Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev, the plan is definitely to finish painting and basing prior to gaming.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link to the DBM skirmish rules - I haven't seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prose is dense but they a subtle and interesting system.

      Delete
  4. As the title of this game, Gangstar Vegas Mod Apk clearly implies that you shall be in the glitz and glamor of Sin City where you shall play as a professional rising MMA star by showcasing your mixed martial arts skills. So if you're an avid action-based gamer then this particular game is ideal for you.

    https://apkmodule.com/gangstar-vegas-mod-apk/

    ReplyDelete