Thursday 12 November 2020

The Spirit of Radio - Maria Theresa

 Good morning, a quick heads up for a most enjoyable programme in the Radio Four series “ In our time”  which is always interesting and a good introduction to so many things.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nlyv

It is about Maria Theresa and well worth a listen too. I listened to it overnight and have woken up with the urge to dig out some syw Austrians.

The only down point of the programme is that the chap doesn’t come in at the end and offer everyone tea or coffee as usual because they are in their own homes. I always enjoy this ritual at the end of the discussion 



 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for flagging this up! I haven’t listened to this programme for a long time. I got out of the habit. It’s a great treat these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. It is a treasure trove of a programme.

      Delete
  2. It was a good episode, caught it yesterday. I'd also recommend the recent one on the history of the horse, interesting how very recent work on DNA has changed our understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation of the horse programme. I listened today and it was fascinating.

      Delete