Saturday 3 April 2021

Hello old friend

 When I was at University there were two books I took out regularly over the years I was there-

The Military Border in Croatia by Rothenberg

The wild goose and the eagle by Duffy.

They were terrific reads but I never got round to buying them, until now. Thanks to David C I have bought  this below from him. It is good to see an old friend. Incidentally the Duffy book inspired a display game by the University of Edinburgh Wargames Club based on the Battle of Banjaluka at Claymore in Chambers Street  which I took part in.





 

3 comments:

  1. It’s a cracking read, and a nice alternative to the Central-European and West German theatres which most books in English cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why I liked it so much. It does read well.

      Delete
  2. A fine book. I have the same edition and read it again last year.

    ReplyDelete