Sunday 18 April 2021

Semi flats & smaller flats etc

 Planted seeds in garden this morning in the small green house/ cold frame. I also tried a spare Dorset rifle arm on the cavalryman’s army to see how it looked. Some of the figures had both arms cast on . I also looked at the semi flat 60mm Infantry wondering how long they had been tied to their backing card...

In the afternoon, the small and fragile zinnfiguren I bought last year ,were stuck on to 3mm Mdf to protect them and increase their height allowing them to be used in games with the other larger ones .








6 comments:

  1. Very attractive figures. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or jealous that my seed beds don't sprout toy soldiers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting figures indeed. Seed sprouting figures, is the world ready?

      Delete
  2. Release those troops! I sometimes look at expensive Britains figures at Auction in mint condition still threaded into their boxes and realise that that virginal state is their 'value'. Beyond a toy museum reference collection, I feel not envy but sorry on their behalf that these figures never lived, saw action etc.
    In comparison my battered plastic Airfix figures have lived fully and died bravely over and over again.

    Once painted up, the cavalry arms should work well enough.

    Like Ross I first thought your potting bench was a toy soldier storage and basing system. Then possibly a toy soldier incubator ... if you plant one 'Dumb soldier', how many do you get back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Setting them free I think is the way to go but repainting, hmm , I am not sure yet.

      Delete
  3. These Prince August new flat / semiflat guardsman moulds are 60mm and might size match your 60mm Germans, even if they are parade dress. I don't (yet) have these new releases but they would be an excellent starter set if you wanted to start casting.
    https://shop.princeaugust.ie/british-queens-guard-flat-60mm-scale-mould/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are very tempting. Another route would be a 40mm mould to add to my meisterfigure/ Prince August armies. I think that I may succumb soon...

      Delete